Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has posted a new mission.
For those who have accepted the challenge there is .......
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun
1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook or Google Plus note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandparent, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
So here goes...
1) My great grandfather is Heinrich (Henry) Glewwe born in 1868, making him 143. Diveded out by four and rounded up to number 36.
2)Using the pedigree chart, by relative in the #36 spot would be the father of Heinrich Patet (my ggg grandfather). I have no information on him. So I go back to # 1.
1) My maternal great grandfather is Alexander Brossoit born in 1856, making him 155. Divided by four give me #39.
2) Referring back to the pedigree chart #39 is the mother of Augusta Hinz (who is married to Heinrich Patet. See #2 above) Here, too, I have no information.
3) Striking out on both counts, I'll pick the next closest for whom I do have information.
4) Augusta HINZ was born on 2 Jun 1840 in Blandau, West Germany.
Fact 1 - In 1864, she was married to Heinrich PATET, a widower with two grown sons: Gustov and August. They had three children: Marie born in 1865, Reinhold born in 1869 and Martha born in 1872.
Fact 2 - Heinrich PATET died in 1878. Augusta remarried in 1883 to Gottlieb HOPKE, who had a son, Richard. Gottlieb died in 1893.
Fact 3 - In 1894, Augusta immigrated to America, settling in St. Paul, Minnesota where her three children lived. The following year, 1895, she married for the third time to John GRIEVE who died a few years later in 1899. Augusta died on May 8, 1923, and is buried in Forest Lawn Cemetary