Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Marriage Certificate - Martin Jensen 1889

Earlier this week, I posted the wording of the certificate of the marriage between my great-grandfather Alexander Brossoit to his sweetheart, Sophie Trepanier.  Today I am posting the marriage certificate of my Great-grandfather Martin Jensen to his bride, Laura Toomb(s).

Certificate of Marriage
State of Minnesota
County of Marshall ss.

I hereby certify, that on the 27th day of November in the year of our Lord and eight hundred and eighty nine at Holland Farm in said County, I, the undersigned, a Minister of the Gospel, did join in the holy bonds of Matrimony, according to the laws of this State, Martin Jensen of the County of Marshall, State of Minnesota, and Laura Toomb of the County of Marshall, State of Minnesota in presence of William Michall, Gussie Toomb, Witnesses.

Alonzo George Washington
Pastor Congregational Church, Stephen (Minnesota)


Gussie, was Laura's younger sister, Augusta.  I do not know who William Michall was.  This will go on my to-do list.  I also don't know what/where Holland Farm was located.  Did it belong to Martin Jensen or the Toomb family?  Another to-do item.   As an aside, Laura's father's name was George Washington Toombs and she had a brother Alonzo.  Must have been a popular name a century ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment