Thursday, October 13, 2011

Marriage record Alexander Brossoit 1881

Earlier this week I wandered down the street to the Minnesota Genealogical Society's Library & Research Center.  I had never been there before and didn't know what to expect.  Up 'til now, all of my research has been done on-line or from family collections of cards, legal notices and pictures.  It's funny, the library is only a 1/2 mile down the road and in all of these years, I've never entered before.  But as of Wednesday, I am officially a card-carrying member.  I've only just began to find all of the treasures that can be found there, but I did find the marriage record of my great-grandfather Alexander Brossoit.  It reads:

"On the 26th of December, 1881, after one Publication Bann, no canonical impediment brought forward to the lawful union of the contracting parties, Alexander Brossoit, son of Michel Brossoit of the Mission of St Rosa, Middle River in the State of Minnesota - son of Michel Brossoit and Marguerite Legault, party of the first part ~ and Sophie Trepanier, daughter of Narcisse Trepanier and Victorie Chauvin, party of the second part of this union, exchanged before me their mutual consent, and were united in the holy union of Matrimony in the presence of Godfrid (?) Quenneville and Adelaide Trepanier."                                                    B_____  Joseph Gerard

1858-1896,  Belle River Paroisse ~ St. Simon & Jude, Essex, Ontario
Registres, Photographs a la Paroisse  

No comments:

Post a Comment